PDS Basketball Season 30 is winding down, but the intensity is rising up as the Playoffs approach. Here’s the breakdown of where all teams stand going into the final week of the regular season: (Standings: http://www.pdsbball.com/standings)
1. GRAM (7-0) Rolling down the stretch as the league’s only undefeated team. They also clinched the top seed after defeating Purpose and already owning the tie-breaker vs No Handouts.
2. NO HANDOUTS (6-1) With a very impressive debut season wrapping up, they have clinched 2nd Place and look to make more noise in the Playoffs.
3. PURPOSE (4-3) Coming off a 3-game win streak, Purpose dropped a critical game vs Gram that would’ve set them up a showdown for 2nd Place vs No Handouts in the final regular season game.
4. SLAUGHTERHOUSE (4-3) Coming together late in the season and been picking up momentum for the Playoffs, they have moved into the battle for 3rd Place.
5. BF ALLSTARS (4-3) Coming off a bye week and much needed break to deal with some injuries and absences, BF Allstars are also in the battle for 3rd down the stretch despite.
6. HAMMOND (3-4) Took big steps up this season, upgrading their talent and challenging all teams in every game. They will not be the Hammond of old this season. They are very much improved and will be a tough out in the Playoffs.
7. KOK (3-4) Despite being in rollercoaster season, KOK bounced back in their last game with a win over Hornets and now find themselves heavy in the mix still.
8. ARISTOCRATS (1-7) Another team that is much improved, will make its first PDS Playoff appearance in the Best Friends gym era (9 seasons). They own the final Playoff spot by holding tie-breaker over Hornets as the rest this week with a bye.
9. HORNETS (0-7) Fought thru a horrific season filled with very inconsistent attendance of key players, resulting in difficult matchups and little to no chemistry.
*** HERE’S WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING!!! The huge logjam in the middle of the standings can end up in many ways. #3 PURPOSE could lose its last game and possibly fall down the standings to as far as 7th Place! That’s because both 3-4 teams Hammond and KOK have tie-breakers over Purpose. Slaughterhouse or BF Allstars have the chance to snatch 3rd if the Purpose loses. However, these 2 teams are playing each other in their respective final regular season game. Purpose owns the tie-breaker over both those teams, so if Purpose wins, they lock up 3rd Place. But wait, there’s more….#6 Hammond and #7 KOK are tied with (3-4) record and you guessed it, will play each other in their last regular season game. You can’t ask for more Playoff implications then that. This can’t-miss final week of the regular season is going to be intriguing and very important to the layout of the Playoffs.