- Two (2) 20-minute halves on a running clock.
- With the exception of calling timeouts, the clock ONLY stop during the LAST 2 minutes of each the game for every whistle, free throws, and errors.
- Halftime will consist of a break for up to two (2) minutes.
- Only Four (4) time outs per game allotted for each team. Only Two (2) per half.
- MERCY RULE: If either team is winning the game by a margin of twenty (20) points or more with under three (3) minutes of clock remaining in the game, the game will be deemed no longer competitive and called to end.
- OVERTIME RULE: Overtime period is 3 minutes. Both teams will have only one (1) timeout to use in each additional period.
- SUDDEN DEATH RULE: If the score is tied after a 2nd overtime period, the first team to score 4 or more points in the 3rd OT wins.
- If a winner is NOT determined by the end of the 3rd OT, the game will result in a DRAW.
Start of the Game
- The game will begin with a jump ball followed by alternating possessions on jump ball calls.
- This is a 5-on-5 league, but a team may START with 4 players to avoid forfeit. Subs MUST be on the book and in attendance by the end of the 1st quarter of play in the game.
- ATTENDANCE RULE: Teams must start the game with at least four (4) eligible players.
- If a team has less than four (4) players are present after a 10 minute grace period to start of the game, the game clock will start and run until the team has at least four (4) players are in uniform and ready to play.
- Technical FTs will be awarded to the opponent for each minute that runs off the game clock (up to 10 minutes).
- That team will Forfeit the game if four (4) eligible players area still not available before 10 minutes run off the game clock.
- Subs can only be made on stoppage of play and the player must check in at scoring table or official does not have to allow player to enter the game.
- Please remember! All subs MUST be on the book and in attendance by the END of the 1st half or the official does not have to allow player to enter the game.
- A player fouls out and is disqualified from the game on his 5th foul.
- The ball is played on the release of ALL free throws shot at the foul line.
- PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITY: A player must play a minimum of two (2) regular season games to be eligible to participate in the postseason tournament.
- PLAYOFF REPLACEMENT: If a team loses so many eligible players due to injury or availability and has only four (4) players available to participate, then one (1) replacement free agent player can be added to their roster.
- Any player replaced on the roster is no longer eligible to participate for the remainder of that season.
- Any other additional replacement free agents, must be approved by the opposing team’s captain.
- UNIFORM RULE: Each player must wear TEAM shirt/jersey with their assigned number for every game. First offense = warning/opponent get two (2) FTs + ball to start game. Any additional offense = Team will be subject to a $25 fine.
- TECHNICAL FOUL RULE: If a player receives a technical foul in a season, that player will be fined $20. (Player can not participate further until the fine is paid)
If a player receives more than 2 technical fouls, they are then automatically suspended per technical from then until the end of that season. A person is subject to being banned from the league for any extreme offense, excessive disruptive conduct, or repeated offenses.
- PAYMENT FAILURE RULE: All teams must pay the balance of their team fee by the 3rd week of the season. Failure to complete payments will result in a $25 fine being added to the balance (The team can not participate until the balance is paid) If the balance is not paid before the 4th week of the season, the team is subject to being disqualified/replaced for the remainder of the season.
- CONDUCT RULES: Any player or players engaging in any form of violence, including fighting or threatening lives must immediately leave the facility and be subject to a ban from the league or suspension of 3+games and pay a $50 fine (If not banned, the Player can participate once the fine is paid)
Person or persons involved are also subject to being banned from the league. If a team captain is banned from the league, their team can be disqualified for the remainder of the season.